Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Rice Krispie Pumpkins!

Well thanks to WIC we get some free cereal and well since there aren't many choices I decided to get 3, yep THREE boxes of the rice krispies. I thought "hey I'd love to try to make those rice krispie pumpkins I saw on Pinterest!" To check out the blog where I saw the pinned picture from, go to HERE

So here is my first Pinterest inspiration! 

I was going to make them to have at home, but then I went to my husband's squadron's spouses meeting and we were having a Halloween party for the kids soon [last Friday] and I thought, "well hey I can bring them in then we won't eat them all ourselves," haha! Plus I felt kind of bad for not offering to help with anything yet, it was kind of short notice, but it worked out great! 

I made two batches of them since the first one I got 18 and then I heard there was going to be 40-50 kids, definitely needed some more! So I just had to buy some marshmallows and tootsie rolls, not too much.

For dying it, I have the Wilton's so its the gel, that was a pain, but I wasn't going to buy liquid drops just for this, it got the job done, but if you have both or neither & need/want to buy some the drops will probably be easier

Yep I took a picture with my phone it in, I needed it for the recipe, since I didn't use the brand name box, WIC doesn't let you get it [unless at the commissary & I was at Baker's] so I used that for the internet. Another tip, have the tootsie rolls unwrapped before hand, I made sure I did that for the second batch, lol. I was undecided if I wanted to try the vines or not. I didn't want to make frosting like the blog did, but I found I still had my green sparkle food gel so I tried one and went with it.
I think they came out pretty decent for my first time. At the kids Halloween party they were going fast :) It was fun and easy to make them, oh yea, butter your hands a tiny bit now and then, helps a lot! As I made them I was showing my daughter how the marshmallows were changing color, she liked watching, plus she got a couple tootsie rolls out of it =P





Have a great day!







No comments: