Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'll Just Call Them Jalapeno Cream Cheese Rotellas

My friend Lauren makes these yummy rolled up snacks when we have gatherings at her house and last week I finally asked her what she used in them! I was in the mood for them. I never asked what she calls them or if there was already a name for them so I made up my own, haha!

Any ways it's just:
  • One 8oz brick of cream cheese
  • some diced jalapenos [I bought a jar & used a couple spoonfuls]
  • Some diced green onions
  • Tortillas

I then bought everything I needed then had to ask her how she mixed it, haha! Wasn't sure if she just put it in a bowl or used a mixer. She just said a bowl, mixer would be easier if you're in a hurry, if not let the cream cheese soften up some.

Then just put the mixture on a tortilla and roll it up. I did that and swore it wasn't big enough, so looked online, haha, yep I'm that dork ;) I actually only used half a brick this time since it was just me who was going to eat them and she said she usually used 5 tortillas for these.

Lauren told me after you roll them its easier to cut them if you put them in the fridge for a little, so I did that for maybe an hour max, I can't remember I've been cleaning up the house for Thanksgiving =P They cut very easily that way though and they were de-lish! :) 

I'm not sure if my husband liked it, he ate one bite and didn't have more, but he was also playing a game an already ate dinner before hand. But our 2 & 1/2 year old daughter loved them! I thought they were a touch spicy for me so I thought there's no way she'd like them, but she kept asking for more =P



Well that's all, just wanted to share a quick and easy recipe I learned :)



No comments: